Computer based evidence is now vital in the majority of business and employment legal disputes which arise especially where theft, fraud, inappropriate employee activity or competitor foul play is suspected.
Obtaining and preserving the necessary evidence at the earliest opportunity is vital in the above situations and the process should be handled by accredited experts who are not only able to find information which may have been hidden or even deleted but to ensure that the process employed is legally and evidentially correct. Dealing with these situations internally, in many cases, can result in evidence which is otherwise compelling being disallowed by a court based on a technicality.
We provide highly experienced and accredited expert advice and service to law firms and other clients which includes :-
- Data recovery
- Employee internet misuse
- Criminal fraud and deception cases
- Suspected competitor espionage or hacking
- Unauthorised transfer or removal of confidential information including customer or supplier data
- Intellectual property theft
- Employment law investigations
Each case is different but the following are common activities associated with computer forensic work :-
- Secure the hardware in question to prevent tampering
- Obtain and copy the hard drive
- Identify and recover all files (including recoverable deleted files)
- Access hidden, protected and/or temporary files
- Investigate data/settings from installed applications and programs
Once a thorough analysis has been completed and/or data recovery finalised, we provide a detailed written report and witness statement where necessary. Our team are experienced in giving evidence in civil or criminal proceedings.
In these cases, time is often of the essence, so please telephone us now or use the contact form.
“On each occasion Blackhawk have been both efficient and diligent. Blackhawk were able to discover or establish important material used in chasing down the perpetrators or the whereabouts of their assets ultimately for the benefit of my clients. I am happy to recommend them to others.”Partner in top 250 law firm